Thought Equity is a pioneer in the development of web based digital
asset management with a primary focus on video assets. The position
offered provides an opportunity to work in this fast-paced and dynamic
environment and involves intimate work with architecting and developing
highly scalable software and storage solutions.
This team member will be the lead involved in the design, development,
and deployment of a new J2EE licensing and management digital asset
server. In addition, the position will require support of existing
code, maintenance support, documentation updates, and code improvements.
This team member will be required to work with others across departments
and disciplines, such as product management, sales, and quality
assurance. It is expected that as an active member of the Thought
Equity team, the team member will be well versed in the Thought
Equity process and be able to independently execute the product
- 7+ years of general server-side software development experience
using the following technologies: Java , J2EE - Particularly Struts/JSP
- Experience with large enterprise storage systems.
- Ability to identify problems and effectively resolve within
a development framework.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment balancing efficiency
and quality with deadlines.
- Ability to generate clear and accurate technical documentation
given minimal instructions.
- Ability to review and understand othersŐ technical documentation
and industry specifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively to management and peers verbally
and through documentation.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and within
development and project teams that require a high-level of interaction
between team members.
- Ability to follow instructions, and demonstrate good judgment
to independently expand upon them as necessary.
- Effective at mentoring junior engineers, specifically with respect
to skills required to move to this level.
As noted, Thought Equity is a fast-paced environment thus strong
organization, communications, and learning skills are required.
Additionally, optional skills and knowledge that will make the applicant
better suited for this position include:
- Tomcat, Apache
- RDBMS (Oracle, DB2)
- MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 specifications
- Knowledge of existing digital asset management systems.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related engineering
field is required.
For consideration, please send your resume to HR@thoughtequity.com.