Thought Equity is the premier supplier of production-ready commercials
and stock footage to the media and advertising industries. Cable,
broadcast, and cinema companies use the company's products to reduce
production costs, shorten sales cycle, enhance ad quality, and increase
Thought Equity is seeking a mid-level systems administrator to join
our small IT organization supporting the development of software
products. The systems administrator is responsible for:
- supporting day-to-day activity in production, corporate, and
- This position's primary responsibility will be to support the
- The primary platforms in this environment are Solaris and Linux
along with a smaller base running Windows.
- Additional responsibilities include desktop support, network
administration, general office productivity, system upgrades and
patches, and development support.
- 4 years of Unix administration (Solaris & Linux)
- 2 years of Windows administration and support
- RDBMS skills highly desired (Oracle, DB2)
- Experience designing and implementing large (terabyte) storage
and backup systems
- Experience troubleshooting network issues.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and within
development and project teams that require a high-level of interaction
between team members.
- Ability to follow instructions, and demonstrate good judgment
to independently expand upon them as necessary.
- Ability to identify and effectively resolve problems in a timely
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment balancing efficiency
and quality with deadlines.
- Strong organization, communications, and learning skills required
- Knowledge of Tomcat and Apache
- Experience in programming languages (Java, C++, Perl, SQL, KSH)
- Experience in multimedia, film, and cable highly desired. Knowledge
of existing digital asset management systems.
For consideration, please send your resume to HR@thoughtequity.com.